Google was founded by Larry Page and Sergey Brin while they were Ph.D. students at Stanford University, and was formally incorporated as a privately held company on September 4, 1998. You know there’s more to something than meets the eye when such a massively successful company has such a simple layout, though, and I mean that in the best way possible. Google has always done things a little bit differently, and that works to keep things fresh, immersive and consistently progressive.
Here are some Google facts you may not know!
Top 12 Unknown Awesome Facts About Google
- The name ‘Google’ is actually derived from the mathematical term ‘googol’ which is basically 1 with 100 zeros following it
- Google was established by Larry Page and Sergey Brin while they were doing Ph.D. at Stanford University, California.
- Co-founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin originally named Google ‘Backrub’
- Google earns maximum profits with its Google AdWords (Online Advertising Service).
- The domain name of Google (www.google.com) was purchased on 15 September 1997.
- In 2012, Google earned US 50$ Billion in annual revenue.
- Keyhole Inc. developed a product name Earth Viewer. After some time, Google acquired this product and rename it as “Google Earth”.
- Google has been evaluated to run more than one million servers in server farms far and wide (starting 2007).
- Google reported the another organisation called Calico on 19th September 2013, which will be driven by Apple administrator Arthur Levinson.
- In 2005, Google joined with NASA Ames Research Center to make 1,000,000 square feet (93,000 m2) of workplaces.
- Google’s 2005 associations likewise included financing the new .mobi high-level URL domain for cell phones, alongside different organisations including Microsoft, Nokia, and Ericsson.
- In 2010, Google Energy made its first interest in a renewable vitality venture, putting $38.8 million into two wind ranches in North Dakota.
- Google records billions of pages, with the goal that clients can look for the data they cover using keywords.
- Gmail is a free webmail service gave by Google, was dispatched as a welcome just beta system on 1st April 2004.
- Since 2010, Google has been acquiring an average of one company every week
Android, Youtube, Waze, you name it, Google owns it.